Monday, September 25, 2006

There's been a little more than just knitting happening here

I have a lot of knitting to do, but there are a lot of distractions right now. And it is all tied around Jack's 4th birthday.

First I spent a lot of time creating his birthday party invitation to be printed and sent out by Shutterfly. I'm pleased, I couldn't get it just perfect, hopefully I'm the only one that notices the few flaws. I love Photoshop and the web! As you can see the theme was Cars the movie. I downloaded images from the official website. Shifted them around a bit. Then I took a picture that I had taken of Jack at Legoland, used the magic tool and erased all the background, so I just had Jack in the car. Pasted Jack's image over the Cars image and Viola! It's a birthday invitation!

I ordered all the decorations and goodies from Birthday Express and Oriental Trading Company. Instead of birthday hats, each child got this hat, and made each child a pit pass with the checkered laynard. The we painted wooden race cars at Ramone's Paint shop, and had races with balloon race cars.




The big finale was the race track cake I made. Now, when I got the idea I had NO idea what I was getting into. And once I started I could not turn back. But my hard work was well worth it because I think the cake turned out awesome. Everybody raved about it and most of all Jack loved it.

I used Fondant, which I have never used before. It was fun to work with, once I got started, and most of all it allows you to be pretty creative. I can only imagine what someone with real artistic talent could do with this stuff.

I forgot to mention Jack's birthday present, Summit. He's a pure bred Siberian Husky, born on July 28th. He's such a cutie.

No comments: