Sunday, October 22, 2006

I'm now the official party cake baker in the family

Top and bottom cake was a Chocolate Black Out Wedding Cake with Mexican Hot Chocolate Buttercream and the middle cake was a Hummingbird cake from Tate's Bake Shop cookbook with Cream Cheese Frosting.

Before:


After:

Last night my parents celebrated their 40th Wedding Anniversary. It was a pleasure to make this cake for them. I would highly recommend the recipes I used, both were decadent. The cake was beautiful. I used fondant again with edible sparkles and I used Wilton tiers that I purchased at Michael's. Many old friends were there to celebrate with us. Even the man who introduced my parents in 1965!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so talented and I don't know where you find the time to be so creative with your knitting and now your cakes! Isn't that Hummingbird Cake yummy!
Mom S