Saturday, February 04, 2006

Aaaaaaaah Manos

I've heard about this stuff, I've read about it ... but I had never seen it in person. As far as yarns go, I seem to find that when I actually come across the yarn that people gush over, it's just ok. Not bad, but doesn't live up to all the hype. I was beginning to think that my expectations were just too high. Until I came across this. Oh my, it's like buttah I tell ya, like buttah!

I was rumaging throught this yarn store that I heard about near my work. And when I say rumage I mean RUMAGE! I'm sure there are many more treasures than this Mano's to be found ... good luck finding it! This LYS has yarn from floor to ceiling ... all shoved into plastic bags and cubbys. Now I do appreciate the bags, keeps the yarn clean and all. But it makes it real hard to browse the store and get the feel effect, which to me is one of the few perks of going to a LYS. I will go back there, but it will be with much more time to search and browse.

So back to the Manos, I will be making it into a throw for Mike. You can see I grabbed up the entire lot of this yarn, there are 12 hanks, which should be enough for a small throw. I was going to do a basket weave stitch, but I think I'm going to look for a different pattern as the variations in guage don't allow the pattern to really show up. I'll post my progress. Posted by Picasa

No comments: