Saturday, February 04, 2006

Socks, Socks, Socks!

Here's my stash of sock yarn. I've got about 2 1/2 inches done on the second sock for my Father in Law, the color is Cape Cod. Next will be socks for my Dad in Fly Fishing, then my Mom in Morning Glory, finally Mike will get a pair in Yukon. That is of course if I don't pick up more sock yarn along the way ... yeah right, I hope no one is holding their breath on these! The ones for my Father in Law were suposed to be a Christmas gift, when I missed that deadline, I thought I'd be done by his birthday ... well that was Thursday and well you know the end to this story! I may put those aside and crank out my Dad's pair in hopes of getting them done for his birthday in March. Well I wont tell him since there is a good chance that won't happen! I really love knitting socks, this is my fourth pair so I experimented with a 4x4 ribbing. According to Mike he likes his socks a bit longer, so they take a while (not to mention he wears a size 12) My dad on the other hand has smaller feet and likes sport/ankle socks, so his will be quicker and I'm not going to do any ribbing other than the top for his. For my mom's I think I'm going to try the Jaywalkers I've been hearing so much about. I have no plans for Mike's other than I love those colors. Posted by Picasa

No comments: