Sunday, May 14, 2006

Happy Mother's Day, Take Two


This is It's a Wrap Take 2 from The Garter Belt. I've been thinking about trying out lace for a while, and frankly it just scares me. I was looking for something to knit my Mom for Mother's Day, when I came across this pattern and thought I'd give it a try. I'm very happy with the results and found this basic lace pattern fun. I used some left over Endless Summer Sonata that I got from Elann last year. It's 100% Mercercized Cotton, so it was a perfect substitution for linen yarn that the pattern recommended. Since I didn't have quite enough yarn left over to work it to the length in the pattern I decided to steam block it and get a few inches. It worked beautifully. And that was just with my little travel steamer, I'll have to add one of these to my knitting tools wish list!

I really enjoyed knitting with this yarn for this project. I'm about 90% complete on the Little Bows sweater, and still can't bring myself to finish it because the yarn is just so stiff and hurts my hands to knit with it for very long. I suppose it's the larger needles that this pattern calls for that helps. I'll have to remember that if I ever decided to knit with Cotton again :)

No comments: