Sunday, August 27, 2006

Down to the wire


I knit this little cardigan up for my friend Danielle's new baby. I started it the weekend before the shower and I finished 42 minutes before I had to leave. I really don't like knitting with a deadline, but this was my own fault so I'm not going to complain too much. I'm proud of myself for thinking the project through and choosing a pattern that required very little finishing. Since this was knitted top down there were no seams to sew. Instead of little buttons which would be a chocking hazard I knitted bobbles that worked quite well. I don't know that this alternative would work for a more functional sweater for an older child, but it certainly works well for a newborn.

The pooling, yeah I figured you'd notice, how could you not?! It's awful, I only had one hank of yarn so I didn't have a lot of options. I used Knit Picks, Sock Memories in Yukon. I actually thought it worked out really well. I mean, and hand made gift for $3.99...I can't complain about that.


Everybody ooohhhed and awhhhhed over the sweater, so I felt good that no one noticed the pooling and everyone thought the bobble buttons were the cutuest.

No comments: