Thursday, August 10, 2006

The Little Bows Sweater Complete ... Finally!

Last October I was struggling to finish the body. The cotton was so stiff and it was killing my hands. I dreaded the two long sleeves the pattern called for. It was supposed to be a Christmas gift for my niece. Well Christmas came and went while I avoided this project. I think I had picked up the stitches to start the sleeves around thanksgiving, but they just sat. I'm not sure when, but somewhere along the line I decided to make this a short sleeve sweater. Since it was made of cotton and for a girl I figured I could pull it off, and I did! I think it turned out pretty cute. The pattern I used was heavily modified. I used a completely different fiber, it called for some fuzzy acrylic yarn. And I decided to knit in the round. Finally modification, was the sleeve length, of course. I think it turned out pretty cute.

We gave it to Arliegh for her fifth birthday. She really liked it. I'll have to get a picture of her wearing it, the color should look great with here eyes!


This is a close up of the stitch pattern. The color and lighting are awful, but you can see the bows better.

The pattern was real simple:
Row 1&3: K5, *P2, S1 knitwise, P2, K5. *Repeat to end.
Row 2: K7, S1 knitwise. Repeat to end
Row 4: K
Row 5&7: K10, *P2, S1 knitwise, P2, K5. *Repeat to end.
Row 6: K12, *S1 knitwise, K7. *Repeat to end
Row 8: K

No comments: