Thursday, April 03, 2008

We'll Just Call him $12.65

I thought this one had potential. We met for the first time on Friday night. Totally last minute, I almost didn't go, but I was glad I did. He is super cute in person, way better than his profile, so that was a plus. We enjoyed our first date. I actually felt bad during a lull in conversation when I was trying to think of something to say, but not pepper him with questions like he was on a job interview, I blurted out "don't first dates suck". Eek, oops, sorry. He said "you aren't having a good time??" and looked at me all hurt. The fact was I was having a good time. Anyway, I explained myself and we laughed, but yikes. Anyway, he walked me to my car, we had a very nice kiss. He said he'd call. I'd rate chemistry as a Fountain, so pretty good, eh. But still wasn't sure if I would hear from him. There were several times during our date when he mentioned this really great sushi restaurant in costa mesa, that I just had to try. Um ok, perfect opportunity for him to say, I should take you there ... but he didn't.

So I go pick up the boys, we get home. I'm nusring Luke to sleep, and I get a text that says I've got an email from him. I smile, feel anxious for Luke just to go to sleep so I can see what he has to say. I finally get to the computer and he's asking me out for Sushi during the week. Sweet. I make arrangements for a baby sitter, it's all good.

So we met at his place in Irvine. He lives in this massive apartment complex in Irvine, nice community. His apartment is very much the bachelor pad. Clean, in bachelor terms. ...Which is OK in my book, since I'm not the best housekeeper in the world, nice to see that he isn't completely anal. We sat and chatted for a bit, then he excused himself to get his laundry. Not a biggie ... but you knew we were having a date tonight. So he comes back we chat a little more, then talk about dinner. He said he doesn't usually do much on week nights (umm as if I'm out on the town??) and would I mind getting some take out and bringing it back to his place and just hang out. This actually sounded fine to me, since I really am not used to doing much on a week night myself. But at the same time, it still seems a little odd. Anyway, we went and picked up dinner at Pei Wei, it was good. The rest of the evening we talked more, and watched a little tv.

But the more I think about it, I'm bugged. He's quickly become a sparkler. I mean, doing your laundry, chinese take out? I'm not a high maintnence girl, but come one ... he put out a whopping $12.65 for dinner on our 2nd date. Underwhelming...

No comments: