Friday, May 13, 2005

Lesson Mimosa's and Knitting are not a good idea for beginning knitters...

So on Mother's day I took Jack's sweater to work on at my mom's house. Thought this will be perfect, sit around with the family knit a little, sip mimosa's.... NOT I haven't picked up the sweater since Sunday (I've been working on Arleigh's top since I have a deadline for that project) so it's time to start making decreases for the arm holes... and I notice that the SS part of the pattern in the section below is bigger than the one I'm working on. So I think, well I'm knew, so maybe the gauge of my stiches is just that uneven. It can't be that bad, right ... so I count, and let me tell you this yarn is hard to see, I felt like I was going cross eyed, but I count 16 rows, not 12. UGH. So rip-it I go through 2 whole sections of pattern work. YUK!! I won't make that mistake again. No consumption of adult beverages while I'm knitting until I can learn to handle my liquor AND my needles at the same time! I'm putting this down and will come back to it later when I'm not so frustrated!

No comments: