Tuesday, May 10, 2005

WIP's

I started 2 new projects this weekend now that I have the needles required. The first is a Summer Swing Top for my neice Arleigh, I'm using Peruvian Baby Silk from Ellan. The pattern called for worsted weight, but I wasn't finding the colors or the texture I wanted, so I'm doubling the Baby Silk. It's so soft, and it's going to lay really nice for this pattern. The pattern is an intermediate skill level, and I'm really a beginner, but It's coming together. I had to practice what it called a Dpd (Double Purl Decrease), Which looks to be like a SSP (slip, slip, purl) with a slip over. It took a few tries but I was able to figure it out. I'm a little nervouse about the neck and shoulders but I have a while before I get there. Her birthday is in August, so I've got a little time.

The second project I started is sweater for Jack from a Pingouin pattern book, I'm using Katia Regata for the yarn. I got the pattern and yarn from Ellan. It's a bit hard to see in the picture, but I love the way the pattern looks, the textures are wonderful and this yarn is working nicely. It's a cotton blend, pretty easy to work with, and will make a nice sweater for a boy. I'm about 1/3 of the way done with the back, it's coming along quite fast.

So that's what I've got going now. I'll post pictures of my progress next week.

No comments: