Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Talk about a UFO ... EEK

Ok, I finally dug this out and I swear I'm going to finish it this month!! My nephew turned 5 in January and I started this before he was born. I'm feeling major auntie guilt for letting this sit for so long. I can't find the thread I was quilting with, so I'll have to hit a fabric store this weekend and try to match the color. I actually don't have a lot left to do, maybe 1/4 of the quilting left, then the binding. As soon as I pulled this out Jack wanted to lay on it. Hopefully he won't become too attached before I give it to Blake. Guess I'll need to make one for him too. That's ok, I really love quilting.

Blake's quilt started over 5 years ago--check out the date!!!

I'll have to find a picture of the one I made for Hunter, Blake's older brother, I loved the way it turned out. I also have quite a few squares made for my grandmother before she left Oklahoma over 50 years ago. Her neighbors, well I guess that was what you'd call them, they were on a dairy farm, so the ladies from the surrounding farms, had all made squares for her to use to make a quilt to remember them by. Obviously she never got around to it. But what I'd really like to do is make a quilt for each of her children (3) to keep then pass down to one of their kids (my cousins), and of course one for myself, since it is my hard work!! ;p

My real challenge is how to fit it in between work, being a mommy, being a wife, and most importantly being a knitter ... Only kidding of course. But I'm so obsessed with knitting I don't know how I'm going to resist my knitting needles for a quilting needle. I'll let you know how it's going.

No comments: