Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Meet the future Klara...

Here's my stash of Noro Silk Garden for the Klaralund Sweater Knitalong. This is the start of the sleeve, I thought I was starting the back...oops! Shouldn't do these things when I'm tired and taking drugs (didn't I learn better with the mimosa's??)...anyway, it's all good. I really love how this is knitting up, but I'm not too impressed with the actual yarn. It's really stiff, I expected it to be a bit smoother with the high silk and mohair content, and there is lots of vegetation that I'm having to pull out. Also I've come across two knots already. I read some reviews I guess this is pretty common, a little frustrating for the cost of the yarn. So glad I didn't pay full retail! Gotta love e-bay!! But the colorway is to die for and I really like the sweater!!


my noro stash

2 comments:

shizzknits said...

Hey Gina, cool blog! :) Don't worry about how rough the Noro is; it will really soften up after you wash it. Love the colors you picked!

Ween said...

The second skein is much better. And the ss stitch feels really smooth too, so I can't wait finish, sew it up and wash it.