Friday, January 11, 2008

Training Him the RIGHT way

One of the greatest and scariest things about being a parent is your ability to influence your children and breed good habits (the scary part is the bad habits you unfortunately also teach them).

So this morning I'm getting ready for work, I go to drop the tissue that I used to remove my eye make up in the toilet and notice it's been a week since the toilet was cleaned. I don't really have time to do this before I leave for work, but figure I'll go ahead and squirt the bowl with Clorox toilet bowl cleaner and let it sit. Jack comes in while I'm doing this and asks if he can clean the bowl. He then proceeds to tell me how to clean it and shows me how to get down in the hole real good. The following conversation ensues:

Jack "Aren't you glad I showed you that mama?"
Me "Yes Jack, thank you so much."
Jack "You didn't know how to do this before. You didn't know how to get it real clean in the hole"
Me "No Jack I didn't"
Jack "Don't you wish you had known how to do it so good before mama?"
Me "Yes Jack I do. Maybe you should be in charge of cleaning the toilets now since you do such a good job."
Jack "Ok mama, since you don't do it very good. I'm the best toilet cleaner in the world"
Me "Yes Jack, you ARE the best toilet cleaner in the world"
Jack "Can I use wood cleaner to do the seat, cause the seats made of wood?"
Me "Honey, you sure can"
Jack "Aren't you glad I showed you mama, so now when I'm not here, like when I'm with daddy, you'll know how to clean the toilet as good as me"
Me "That's great Jack, but you do such a good job, I think I'll just wait for you to come home"
Jack "Ok, mama, that's a good idea, so you don't mess it up"

Some day Jack's wife is going to LOVE me! Gotta start the brain washin' early!!!!

No comments: